Let me Show You My Family

This picture was taken right after Matt our oldest son and Kristen's Wedding.(Jan '07) They both are graduates of Kansas State University and have the cutest little boy's and n a "lil miss." Words can't even express how joy being a Grandparent is, and as you can imagine can do NO wrong. We have many pictures on Facebook of the little ones!

Adam graduated from KSU in Dec '06 which is a story in it's self...Read More
The other handsome guy in the picture is my husband of 30+ years, Michael. He is and excellent cook and loves growing vegetables and preserving them. In his spare time... Mike is training a couple of trail mules for us to trail ride with. This is a picture of our Mules. They are out of a Fox Trotter Mares and Mammoth Jack. They are considered a Gaited Mules.

I can't really say I'm helping train them, because I'm just a big chicken when it comes to starting mules to ride for the first time. I have ridden, shown, participated in drill teams, parade's you name it I've probably done or tried to do it from horse back. I can remember one time my sisters and I were suppose to be cleaning up around the farm... so we got the bright idea to attach an old tire with a rope an tie it on to the bareback pad of the horse that I was riding.

The horse had never pulled anything before... I had just shorts and a tank top on no shoes as usual... you can probably guess what happened next. Yep.. I my barefoot went through the stirrups and I was bucked half way off, drug, stomped on around the farm for what seemed like an eternity, before finally breaking the saddle and landing under the truck.

I guess I can say we learn from our experiences... I never rode with a saddle on after that without jeans and boots on. I've been bucked off many times since then and still get back on and ride.

 Huck our Mastiff. We love him so much! His biggest weapon is his tail, when he's excited look out.. it goes fast and is strong.